MacInTouch Amazon link...

boot

1. J

Linux

Hi Folks, I followed some posts here and elsewhere regarding creating an Ubuntu boot drive with Etcher and a new USB thumb drive. It worked, and I now can run Ubuntu 18.10 from that USB drive. But somehow in the installation, with my effort to place the entire Ubuntu setup only on the thumb...
  2. M

migration/updates and compatibility

In the past I've restored hard drives by (SuperDuper!) cloning, but for setting up new machines I've always set them up from scratch and then copied data over. This is a lot of work. I have a 2013 iMac with macOS Sierra, and will soon receive a new iMac. I'm thinking of cloning the 2013 iMac...
  3. K

startup & shutdown issues

Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac16,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz 10.13.4 "upgrade" Startup stalls at about 40% on the progress bar most of the time now, not always. Do a hard restart and then it starts, although it does have a "pause-blink" as I would call...
  4. R

2006-2013 Mac Pro and alternatives

Apple's current Mac Pro, which hasn't been redesigned since 2013 and still has old Thunderbolt 2 ports instead of the current Thunderbolt 3 technology, is still not due to be replaced until sometime next year, 2019, according to the company:

Amazon disclaimer:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.