MacInTouch Amazon link...

filevault

1. R

drive security and recycling

I'm working with a client's old iMac with a very bad and very old internal drive, which has all their data and files on it. The drive is not accessible in the closed iMac design, but I can get some access via FireWire Target Disk Mode... while the thing is working, which is off and on. They...
  2. J

FileVault issues

I repurposed a purchased corporate MacBook Pro for my wife. I created a flash drive High Sierra installer, booted from it, formatted the Mac’s SSD drive as APFS (encrypted) with a passphrase, mounted it, and installed High Sierra. After the install and migration from her old Mac completed...
  3. C

macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I decided to try upgrading a MacBook Pro 15" 2012 to High Sierra. I'd upgraded a 2013 MacBook Pro, 2011 Mac Mini, and 2017 MacBook Pro 15" without issues, but the 2012 with a replaced internal hard disk drive to SSD upgrade hadn't been successful back when High Sierra was first released, so I had just...
  4. A

startup / shutdown issues

Thoughts on how to troubleshoot a system (Mac Pro 2013) that hangs at the end of the shutdown process? We ended up reinstalling the entire system and restoring from backup. We tried starting in safe mode, disconnecting everything but the displays and keyboard... nothing worked. The problem...
  5. J

App Store/software/firmware updates

Seeing another App Store update oddity. Just noticed a new most "recent" Update to Numbers is release date March 27, 2018. Um, I Installed Numbers update version 5.0 (5576) on April 27. With no link to further info it's impossible to tell if the current "latest" has a slightly different...

Amazon disclaimer:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.