I have to admit that my feelings about Apple have changed, and I feel that the company has gone from the true genius of the original Macintosh user interface and programming to a company that is disturbingly abusive:
- As a quintessential example of abusive behavior, you can't say "no." Apple won't let you stop its very forceful demands for confusing and problematic "upgrades", Apple ID, iCloud, and 2FA (with its Apple device dependencies), its invisible A.I. "photo analysis" daemon, various forms of advertising, and you can't even remove unwanted Apple apps.
- Apple's pricing for memory and storage upgrades is abusive.
- Apple's confusing hide-and-seek user interfaces are abusive.
- Apple lies to customers in Apple Stores are blatently abusive.
- Apple "stonewalling" on product defects is extremely abusive.
- (Apple's treatment of developers and partners also offers examples of various abuses.)
8. Apple's treatment of independent resellers and repair shops, forcing most of them out of business.