MacInTouch Amazon link...

data recovery

Channels
Troubleshooting, Questions
First, I can't believe I did this, but I did: Moved an entire external drive worth of data to the trash and emptied the Trash. No back up. Only good thing is that after about 15 seconds, I realized what I did and yanked the Thunderbolt cable off the back of the Mac Mini, and that saved about 5.29 TB of the 6 TB that were on the drive. (It's a SoftRAID 4 drive setup - RAID5.)

I have not touched the drive since it happened. I want to recover it - with as much as the folder structure as possible. What program is most effective now? I am trying Data Rescue and, although it kind of works after a deep scan, it's not finding a lot.

Thanks.

Ric Ford

MacInTouch
... I have not touched the drive since it happened. I want to recover it - with as much as the folder structure as possible. What program is most effective now? I am trying Data Rescue and, although it kind of works after a deep scan, it's not finding a lot.
I'd probably contact SoftRAID first, if you have a license for their software. I don't think anyone knows more than they do about storage (and data recovery)....

First, I can't believe I did this, but I did: Moved an entire external drive worth of data to the trash and emptied the Trash. No back up. Only good thing is that after about 15 seconds, I realized what I did and yanked the Thunderbolt cable off the back of the Mac Mini, and that saved about 5.29 TB of the 6 TB that were on the drive. (It's a SoftRAID 4 drive setup - RAID5.)
Yes, definitely get onto SoftRAID. Their support is excellent, and they'll have the best knowledge on how to best approach the problem.

(A timely opportunity to mention there's no such thing as too many backups.)

Amazon disclaimer:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts