MacInTouch Amazon link...

iPod Touch

Channels
Apple, Products
So Apple "finally" updates its iPod Touch. Ironically, just after mine fell out of a pocket onto cement (read this in a whining, sarcastic, old man kinda voice).

Anyway, new colors like pink, blue but no orange or black or purple, or even indigo. And, then, Apple's prices. Wow. $200 for 32GB. (I paid $50 for a 16GB SanDisk Clip Sport Plus MP3 Player with Bluetooth ). $300 for 128GB. $400 for 256GB.

Clearly, if Apple dropped its price for the Touch to $99/$199/$299, I think it would sell out.
With games (Pokemon), AR, Group Facetime and faster processor, it would be better than a cellphone for parents to give to their kids. Most areas and homes have wifi.

I mean, 32GB? Why not 64GB? Once the iOS is upgraded, apps loaded, pictures/movies stored, you have barely enough for 8GB library of iTunes. Oh, unless iCloud was the plan all along!

in my opinion, Apple's disconnect to real prices and needs is fulfilled.

Anyway, new colors like pink, blue but no orange or black or purple, or even indigo. And, then, Apple's prices. Wow. $200 for 32GB. (I paid $50 for a 16GB SanDisk Clip Sport Plus MP3 Player with Bluetooth ). $300 for 128GB. $400 for 256GB.
Clearly, if Apple dropped its price for the Touch to $99/$199/$299, I think it would sell out.
I have the similar 8GB of that model, Ed. Has served me well over the years to listen to audiobooks and podcasts while working in the yard. Just fill up the microSD card I installed for additional storage.

While it has the slightly older A9 processor, the iPhone SE Apple sold on clearance recently has a better camera and was priced the same as the new iPod Touch.

Even more important, the new iPod Touch has not eliminated the headphone jack! That's actually important, since I often want to listen to my podcasts with headphones (to avoid disturbing everybody else in the room) while it's charging.

With respect to capacity, my current iPod Touch (a 4th-gen) has 32 GB. That's enough for a small number of apps and quite a lot of music. If your primary goal is a music player (and not an app platform or video storage) then 32 GB is quite usable.

…the iPhone SE Apple sold on clearance recently…
Occasional mentions like this prompt me to stop by the clearance department. The inventory waxes and wanes, but there have been iPhone SEs there since the break after the first sellout in January 2019. Today, it waxes: 32GB and 128GB models in all colors (still $249 and $299 respectively).

Cross-reference
iPhone SE at MacInTouch​

Amazon disclaimer:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts