MacInTouch Community discussions include the following current topics (among others):
- 2019 Mac Pro – gaming and GPU issues
- Apple security – invisible updates, Apple Pay charges
- Audio – Sonos port blocking and DNS blackholing
- Bluetooth – new standard and audio capabilities
- Competition – Intel Ghost Canyon NUC; Ryzen 4000, Tiger Lake
- Fonts – Adobe changes, Affinity support, conversion, OpenType
- Input devices – Contour and Logitech mice
- Linux – MacBook Pro graphics failure workarounds
- macOS Catalina – protection problems, Users location/migration
- Malware – North Korean Mac malware, ad blockers, nasty phishing trick
- Migration – missing macOS installers
- Misc. – new vs. old tractors/technology
- Photography – web hosting options, experiences, etc.
- Security – IoT, firewalls and Ring cameras
- Tax software – prices, capabilities, compatibility, etc.
Linux discussion includes Chromebook conversion issues, better alternatives (new and used), issues with a new Dell Inspiron, and Linux workarounds with MacBook Pro graphics failures.
MacInTouch Community updates also discuss the following topics (among others):
macOS Catalina notes talk about Apple Books bugs, Dymo label software compatibility, QuickTime 7 elimination and virtualization workarounds, plus Thunderbolt sleep crashes and tips for installing Mojave (or High Sierra) on new Macs that can still run it while shipping with Catalina installed.
MacInTouch Community updates also touch on the following topics (among others):
Storage discussions talk about defragmenting hard drives via clone-erase-restore, along with related Time Machine issues, plus SSD vs. hard drive differences, techniques for mounting/securing external SSDs (e.g. for iMacs), USB vs. SATA performance, and a year-end review of current SSD technologies.
MacInTouch Community discussions also include the following current topics (among others):